Monday, November 7, 2011

Family Time

Oh, how sweet is family time with loved ones....and this week it is with one of our families that we don't see very often. Andrew and Michelle and the girls are here for a week before they head off to live in South Korea for the next few years. The house is littered with kid stuff, and the noise level is considerably higher than it is with just the two of us here, but the joy of getting to know these amazing young people better overshadows any inconvenience. We can have quiet all year round...but the shrieks and giggles of this time are precious.

The family arrived Saturday evening, happy to be here, but exhausted from a week of packing and then a full day of travel. After a good night's rest, and a day in Church together, we had all the rest of the "locals" over for a pot luck dinner. I was so happy to have everyone here that I took several pictures during dinner. You'd think I would know better than that. I really do! Not a one of those pictures will show up on this blog because every single photo shows someone in a very unflattering pose of "eating". Silly me. Sorry guys, for flashing the camera at you when you were busy.

Today was a "chill" day. Which means very quiet and unscheduled. Ken went to work. I took the older girls to the library and the park, but other than that we stayed home and did quiet activities. Well, sometimes quiet. And the activities were messy, but who cares? Sophie spent the better part of the afternoon creating a board game for all of us to play for Family Home Evening, and we had lots of story time and play time. This evening Daddy gave a lesson about friendships, then we played Sophie's game, and finally we watched the animated movie "Charlotte's Web", which is about friendships. They had recently finished reading the book aloud, so it was fun to compare the book with the movie. It was also fun watching Charlotte "forcing" her parents to kiss each other over and over while the movie played.

Here's the little family gathered for FHE. Daddy is trying to give his message, Charlotte is hamming it up, and Michelle really isn't napping...it was just time for a blink. :)
The crocheted hats were a hit with the girls. At least two of them, anyway. Charlotte was not in a happy mood when I brought them out, so she declined wearing hers long enough for a photo. Elanor was happy enough to pose.
And so was Sophie. The hats fit great and look darling. I'm glad that I can send a little bit of "love" to Korea with each of the girls. :)

1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

Oh, hooray to have them here for a visit! The girls will REALLY appreciate those darling hats in Korea. I hear the winters there are pretty chilly. I know you will have a wonderful time with your family!