I was at JoAnn's today choosing a new color of yarn for a project and had a delightful conversation with a woman buying the same kind of yarn that I like best. (Caron Simply Soft) We talked for almost 20 minutes about yarn qualities, projects, tips, and crocheters in the community. Her name was Rita.
After we parted ways and I came home (with 4 new colors) I thought about how much that short visit in the store meant to me, and realized that among all of my wonderful friends, I don't really have a "crochet friend". I have a "knitting friend" (Thank goodness for Paulene!), who understands yarn and Ravelry talk, but the skill sets for the two crafts are different. It would be very nice to have a friend who enjoys this old-style handicraft like I do. Someone like Rita. She recommended that I could locate other crocheters through a local Senior Center.(the Senior Center???....Ummmmm, I don't think I'm ready for that step yet. Really??) Rita is not a local gal, so ours was a one-time chat I think. But it did get me thinking about a crochet friend.
My back yard has been looking so messy that it's beautiful. I wake up every morning and look out the window to this serene view. I love it! Ken was worried about the grass today, and he spent a little time moving the leaves around so it was once again exposed to sunlight, but there are still a few leaves to come down. :) It's cool out there. And really damp. But inside it's warm and cozy. Me and my laptop, with flames dancing in the fireplace, and a basket of yarn close by waiting to be transformed. I'm liking this time of year.


2 comments:
The photo of your yard makes me think of an impressionistic painting. Lovely. And the yarn looks so cozy!
Maybe someday I'll come be your crochet friend for the day and have you teach me how to make those cute shoes...although that wouldn't be the same as a crochet friend who actually knew how to crochet. ;)
Post a Comment