Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Feeling Girly

I've never considered myself a jewelry person. I haven't worn my wedding ring since my earliest pregnancies (when my fingers were swelling) and it isn't something I worry about. I thought necklaces were nice, but they always got in the way of trying to do stuff, or take care of children. I used to wear earrings once upon a time. Cute little dots of color or sparkle, but I finally gave up on those because my longish hair covered them up anyway. I really wanted to wear dangly earrings, but I had young children for so long and it absolutely terrified me to think that one of those curious kiddos would snag the earring and PULL! Oh, I shudder to even think of how that would hurt. Even now....

Years have passed and this young-at-heart Grandma is thinking about jewelry again. My ears are newly pierced and I have purchased three dangly-type earrings so far, and have collected a few bangly, sparkly necklaces to wear when I am "dressed up". So, what do I do with them when I'm not wearing them?

Well, this time it was "Pinterest" to the rescue. Fun little social website full of inspiration for all kinds of cool stuff, and I found several ideas for jewelry storage and display. Here's what I came up with for now: Picture frames with hooks to hang on my bathroom wall! So cute! And so "Girly". I never considered myself a "girly" person. A person can change a little, can't they?

3 comments:

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

Very cute. I like how the earrings reflect in the mirror. Maybe by the time I'm a grandma I'll wear jewelry. :)

michelle said...

Those turned out great. I really like the mirror.

Kathy Haynie said...

Fun! Colorful and easy.