Saturday, March 20, 2010

American Girl Dress


Here's the first dress from that layered pattern I showed you a few posts down. It's great being able to use different colors for the layers. Funny thing...just now as I was looking at the photo I realized that this one is very patriotic-looking: red, white and blue! I didn't plan it with that in mind, but it works. :)

9 comments:

Beth said...

Cute Dress I really like it!

Kathy Haynie said...

Beautiful - Audrey is sitting next to me, and she say, "That's really cute."

La Tea Dah said...

Your dress turned out beautifully!

JuliaKoponick said...

What a great dress!! I hope someday Maddy will wear dresses like this. :-)

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

Looks adorable! I bought that same pattern a year or so ago, but haven't made anything from it...yet. This makes me think I should. I love the colors.

Katie Lewis said...

This turned out really cute Dorothy. :)

Primrose Beresford said...

That's very pretty - I like the layered effect, and the colours you have chosen are just lovely together. I think I might try to make that for my little girl. I have some tartan fabrics, so might try to make it in those.

Best wishes from here in Edinburgh, Scotland,
Primrose.

Wandering Soul said...

Oh my goodness, that is so stinkin' cute!

Alicia P. said...

Absolutely wonderful!