Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Just a Rainy Day

Oooh, did it ever rain yesterday! I was out in the morning because I had to be, but all afternoon and evening I huddled inside, until the showers stopped once late in the afternoon and I stepped out my back door to take a couple pictures.






It would have been a great day to huddle up with a good book, and I actually have one here that Ken and I have been playing tug-of-war with, but it didn't happen. I'm still not past chapter two! Instead, I felt almost compelled to hang out in my sewing room for hours on end...it was just too much of a temptation to make a little of this and that. Here's a peek of what happened in there yesterday, and there's plenty more, but I'll share that tomorrow. (And I'll let you know about the book when I get further into it and have more to say!)


2 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

I love the photos from your yard. Your new camera is a keeper! Like I told my students yesterday...as long as it's raining so hard, we might as well be back here at school! I think the first day of the new term would have been a lot tougher if it had been sunny outside. (Hmmm...maybe I'll blog about that...)

Katie Lewis said...

Love those pictures. Especially the bleeding heart.

P.S. I put up a new post with my most recent attempt at trying to give those seeds a good environment to sprout in. If you get a minute could you pop over to my blog and let me know what you think? Thanks Dorothy. :)