
Sigh. When the sun shines in the northwest, you just gotta enjoy it as much as possible. Yesterday was one of those beautiful spring days with bright sunshine, blue skies and a light wind. About 70 degrees. Wow, what a day to be outside, right?
I had so many ideas of how to spend the afternoon and then do you know what happened? The light streamed into my bedroom through the two large windows there, and the sun-warmed quilt on my bed said, "Come....come and rest a while first..."
I paused there a little too long and my eyes responded to the invitation by blinking long and slow. Oh my, what a splendid idea....
Yes, I did go outside and work in my garden and accomplished several important things there. And later on, I finished a cute little dress that I'll show you later. But the nap came first. Ahhhh...what a blissful way to spend a warm, spring afternoon in Oregon. :)
3 comments:
Yay for naps! We slept in this morning (in Medford, motel), and we're getting ready now to go have breakfast and then begin the long drive to SF (8:00 am). We won't get there quite as early as if we had jumped out of bed at 6:00 am, but that's ok. We needed a leisurely morning, and we'll have 3 FULL days with our family.
Your garden and sewing had plenty of attention from you, I'm sure, although they'll always be demanding more. :)
The sun is shining here, but it's coooold outside this morning. My toes are cold and feeling quite jealous of your sun-warmed quilt.
Oh, and I love the new picture in your header! :)
Living in the PNW is a blessing!
What a beautiful first day of spring. An adventure, looking for migrating Sandhill Cranes, filled our day. And yes, we found a huge flock, resting near a creek and preparing for the next stage of their journey to the tundra. They sure are magnificent birds!
BTW, I love the Spanish lavender on your header. I am crazy about lavender!
Post a Comment