
This is a beautiful picture...if you have an extra minute you might enjoy clicking on the image to view it a little bigger. I sighed when I looked at it for the first time.
This has been a while in coming, but the fact is, I am having a more and more difficult time feeling okay about consuming animal products. The word for that is "Vegan". It surprises me, actually. I thought that by my age I would already know who I was, but it would seem that I am still not "finished".
The more frightening and complicated the world becomes, the more I long for peace, beauty, and kindness. Changing the way I look at food helps me to feel more connected with the natural world and allows another kind of peacefulness to settle in my soul. The lines are still somewhat blurred and there are plenty of cross-overs, but my heart is definitely turned in this direction.
My husband? He's a few pages behind me, and coming more from a health perspective, but we are in agreement, so exploring this new way of living and eating is a pleasure we are enjoying together. My apologies to our children who are rolling their eyes and sighing about how weird Mom and Dad are becoming. Our love for all of you grows stronger every day....no matter what. :)
5 comments:
This IS a lovely picture. Thank you for sharing it! I was intrigued by the old ruin on the left on the electrical lines on the right. I think you and Ken are exactly right to keep exploring who you are...have you read Katie's blog yet today? We're all on a journey...
I admit that when I first heard you were trying out eating vegan, I immediately wondered about our food assignments at Sparks Lake! :)
Trust me, I've thought about that, too, as well as every other social activity we participate in.
Changing our diet is easy as long as it is just us, but we also love to be with family and friends and don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable.
However, love and friendship will get us all through it just fine, and I'm sure we'll have some good laughs along the way. :)
(I had a lovely sandwich for lunch today...the filling was hummus, avacado slices, and spinach leaves..Mmmm.)
Sounds yummy!
So, does this mean I should leave you out of my truffle recipe guinea pigs? All the centers have cream cheese in them.
Julia,
Please don't tempt me; I might cave in. ;)
Post a Comment