This afternoon while he was away for a Church commitment, the warm sunshine drew me out into the garden. I walked around, noticing how things were beginning to grow, and before I knew it I was pulling a little weed or two. They were tiny and easy to pull out with the entire root, and one led to another, so I got out the "kneel-upon" and a bucket and bent to work.
He's right, of course. Not only did the sun feel wonderful on my back, but when I finished the area and stood to admire it, I felt renewed, almost as if I had weeded out some unwanted growth in my own being. How's that for therapeutic?
Ken will probably still be the predominant weeder in our household, and I'm content to let him be, but every now and then....well, it's good for me, too.
1 comment:
Hmmm...there's probably some weeding I need to do in my own garden, too. Thank you for a beautiful metaphor...
(...and a lovely photo...because if Ken was gone, then that means...carefully positioning the camera, pushing the little timer button, and hurrying back to the kneeling pad to look so contemplative and peaceful... and you did it!) :)
Post a Comment