Thursday, December 4, 2008

Mt Hood Alpenglow


In this neighborhood we have to walk about a half block to pick up our mail from a group mailbox. At sunset yesterday afternoon I stepped out to get the mail and the alpenglow on Mt Hood was amazing! Of course I had to take a picture, because one of the reasons I am doing a little blog is to "pay attention and remember" things about my life.


Looking at the mountain reminded me of another Mt Hood alpenglow that I witnessed many years ago. We were deep in the wilderness, backpacking with several young women at Burnt Lake. The evening I remember most was when the girls were in two separate groups on either side of the lake, calling out chants to one another as the sun was going down. It was a beautiful, almost magical evening....I am grateful that I was able to be there, and that the memory is still with me!

No comments: