Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sausage-Stuffed Squash


I'm sharing a recipe today...just because. We have made this often and enjoy it very much!

1 medium acorn squash
1 Italian sausage link (any sausage or even ham)
1 small onion, chopped
1/3 cup chopped green pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
1 medium tomato, chopped (I use canned most of the time)
3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (or your choice)
Directions: Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place cut side down in a microwave-safe 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large skillet; add the onion, green pepper and garlic. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Turn squash cut side up. Stuff with sausage mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Sorry, not tempting Mom. I've come a very long way, but squash is still a non-starter. Hope you enjoyed it!