Saturday, February 6, 2010

Almost like a "Celebrity"!

Yesterday was such a beautiful day! When Ken got home from work we decided to go for a walk in another neighborhood for a change of scenery, and were happily strolling along hand in hand when a woman on the opposite side of the street called out to me. I stopped to look and didn't recognize her, but she went on to tell me that she reads my "Walking in Circles" posts on the Skinny and enjoys what I have been writing! She was tickled to actually meet us doing just what I had written about this week.

Before she turned to leave I had to ask what her name was, and discovered she was part of a family we are very familiar with, but I didn't know her personally. I chuckled all the way down the block to think that I would be "recognized" on the street for writing in The Skinny. How fun is that? If you happen to see this, "K", thanks for the kind words!

4 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

That's hilarious!! Have you checked out the little map that's down a ways in the right-hand column of The Skinny? It show where recent Skinny visitors are from. You and Ken could go for a walk in Rome or Buenos Aires and get recognized!

Gee...and I know you, too...makes me feel so lucky.

Katie Lewis said...

Haha. You're so famous now. :)

kati said...

it was fun to meet you!

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

Hahaha! Hilarious!