Simplicity 5695It's a good thing I like this dress, because I've got a lot more to work on! I made a couple for the local granddaughters and they and their mom liked them so much that Erika bought the pattern herself and cut out (oh, I don't know...a dozen or more?) several dresses to sew from fabric that was donated to her. Erika does want to do it, but she is so busy mothering her three little ones that I told her to bring me several bundles to work on! And so she dropped these off yesterday when I watched the kids.
One is finished, and I have a "few" more to go! Actually, since she has them all cut out, and I'm doing most of the work on my serger, it only takes about an hour per dress.
Look at these sweet fabrics. They will make such soft, floaty dresses for our little girls to play in this summer. Now imagine them covered with grass stains, water and mud. Yep. These girls know how to have fun! I love it!
2 comments:
You will be imagining those dear little bodies inside the dresses, playing and having good times, all the hours that you spend creating the dresses.
I love taking a flat piece of fabric and sewing it with curves and tucks and ruffles into something to be worn by the people I love.
I've used that pattern a lot and love it. It makes great nightgowns too!
Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com
Post a Comment