Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Elsie's Birthday Post

It has been brought to my attention that I didn't put up a specific post for Elsie's first birthday...hmmm, must have been because I was busy travelling 800 miles to be there to help her celebrate! And I'm very glad we did. Sweet Elsie has grown from a tiny newborn to a very busy toddler who likes to sing, give out hugs and kisses, wave at everyone (but kids are her favorite), go up and down stairs (with help) and is walking everywhere! We had a great time with her.

Here she is with her birthday cake: (She only liked the frosting!)


Outside playing with Grandma (me!)



Here is where I tried to get her to stand still and model her new dresses.
(There was no way she would be still!)



Here's that American Girl dress! It's so roomy that I bet she could still get into it on her 2nd birthday! Elsie is also carrying "My First Purse" that we gave her for her birthday. She seems to like it. :)

Happy Birthday Elsie!


3 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

She looks so grown up! What a treat that you could spend her birthday with her and her sweet mama and daddy. Hooray for grandkids! Happy Birthday, Elsie.

JuliaKoponick said...

Maddy loves this post. She waved to Elsie in every picture!!

Katie Lewis said...

Happy Birthday Elsie! She is such a cutie. And I am seriously in love with her birthday cake. It's so sweet and classic. Hmm... don't be too surprised if the big O's first birthday cake look similar.


...On second thought DO be surprised if Olivia's cake looks similar because I am terrible at frosting cakes so any attempt on my part would likely look like a messy pink lump. Perhaps I'll have to enlist some help.