emotional scarring.
I still love to go walking and hiking, but you better believe that I learned my lesson about watching where I step. As beautiful as the views are all around, it's still a good idea to know where you are putting your feet. Especially when wearing sandals.
Today I decided to share with all of you lucky people a few images of things that I found underfoot JUST THIS WEEK on my walking adventures. Good thing I was paying attention.
Awww...here's a cute little caterpillar. Some of it's relatives didn't look so fuzzy, however, because other people on the trail weren't watching where they were going.
A snake! We actually saw two of them the same day, but the first one was moving too fast for a picture. This one paused a moment for me. I actually don't mind snakes that much, as long as they don't take me by surprise. :)
Slimers...it's a worm! Around here, after a good rain, there are worms all over the place. Worms are also on my list of disgusting things, so I steer very clear of them whenever I can.
It's important to watch your footing on a slippery slope like this one!
Got golashes? Did I mention that it RAINED here this week?
Here it is....the awful slug. I can hardly believe that I knelt down and got this close just to take a picture. It's all for you, people....enjoy! (GROSSSSSSS!!!)
Since it's almost Easter, you might want to watch out that you don't step on the Easter Bunny when you're out walking! Yes, I actually saw this little cutie on an early walk this week. I slowly approached, talking quietly, and managed to get this photo before he hopped away. Now isn't that a nicer image to end with today? I think so, too.







No comments:
Post a Comment