Monday, April 19, 2010

Woodsy Walk

A couple days ago Super Guy suggested we go for a walk through the neighborhoods and woods that lie on the opposite side of the river from our town. I grabbed my camera and off we went. Ooooh, it's SPRING and everything there seemed so beautiful to me! All the little details, and colors and textures! I tried and tried to take photos that would represent the treasures we saw along the trail, but alas, they always come short. Maybe one of these days I'll take my camera out of "dummy mode" and try out some of the other features to see what it can do. :)

That's something I'll have to do by myself, however, because even Super Guys can get a little impatient when I stop to photograph all the amazing things along the way. After all, he wanted to go for a WALK, not a photo scavenger hunt! We compromised, though, and did both. He even pointed out some of the things I missed, bless his heart. Check out all the little blossoms!







We came down to the water's edge for a look across the river. Those clouds looked so much prettier in my memory than they do on this page. Oh well. Notice all the boats, and the vehicles parked over there...it was a great evening to be out of doors and other people felt the same way.




Here's a duck all alone on the quiet side with us. More flowers came into view as we walked the trail back to our parked car. I noticed Super Guy didn't point out quite so many things on the return trip. Gotta love him. He's so patient. :)







It was a lovely evening for a walk. Taking pictures along the way helps me to experience how sweet it was over and over again. Thank You, Super Guy!

1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

Your camera in dummy mode is pretty amazing, I think. What a lovely walk. Don't forget to check out the camas lilies over in Camassia. :)