Thursday, April 29, 2010

On the Property

We have run away to the property in central Oregon for a few days! That's our private little hideaway in the woods where life is quiet and slow. I brought along reading material, and a handwork project, and my guy brought along his chainsaw. (Remember, that's one of his ways to relax? Ha!) I also packed him a book, and a DVD to watch on the laptop.

We might go into town and visit the local library while we are there to check our internet, but I don't know when, so I'm scheduling this post ahead of time because I just know you'll wake up Thursday morning and wonder where Dorothy's daily post is. (I'm snickering now.)

Remember this picture? It's from our visit to the property last fall. A friendly young deer visited with us quite often, and I'm wondering if he will still be around. Did he survive the winter? Did he go deeper into the woods to live a wilder life? Did anyone shoot him during hunting season? I'll be looking for him. Click here if you'd like to re-visit the post from last fall with more pictures of the deer.


Have a good day!

2 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Haha - chainsaw therapy - I love it.

JuliaKoponick said...

Hope you enjoy the time away!! I will appreciate some flowers here for you!