
I took this photo out of the car window as we whooshed along the highway the other day. The dramatic lights and darks of the trees and sky were amazing and I wished we could stop so I might admire it longer. The best I could do at that time, though, was try to snap a quick one to help me remember how it was. Looking at it now, however, it's not the colors that capture my attention so much as the feeling of movement...it seems to remind me of how quickly time is passing. The memories of times with my young children are somewhat like this. Fleeting and a little indistinct. I can't call those days back, so instead, I try to enjoy the little moments that still present themselves to me.
Like this next photo. Here is my little boy...all grown up now and a Daddy himself. Walking behind him and one of his daughters my heart was warmed by the sight of the little stuffed animal hanging out of his back pocket. It's just one more thing I want to try and remember. It's a little blurry, too, since I was moving when I pressed the shutter, but I don't mind. It is enough.

1 comment:
It is so difficult for me to stay in the present. I tend to worry over things that are past, or overthink what might be coming down the road. Thanks for a good reminder. Love that stuffed animal hanging out the back pocket. Daddies are so wonderful.
Post a Comment