
A thought from Jeffrey R. Holland:
"Most 'thou shalt not' commandments are meant to keep us from hurting others, but I am convinced the commandment not to covet is meant to keep us from hurting ourselves. I testify that no one of us is less treasured or cherished of God than another. I testify that He loves each of us...insecurities, anxieties, self-image, and all. He doesn't measure our talents or our looks; He doesn't measure our professions or our possessions.
He cheers on every runner, calling out that the race is against sin, not against each other. I know that if we will be faithful, there is a perfectly tailored robe of righteousness ready and waiting for everyone, 'robes...made...white in the blood of the Lamb."
Happy Sabbath Day!
2 comments:
Very nice thoughts Dorothy. :)
I really like the idea that the race is against sin, not against each other.
And if I am coveting, then I am not being grateful for all the amazing blessings Heavenly Father has showered upon me!
Post a Comment