I found another DVD at the library that is wonderful. Alexander McCall Smith has written a book series called, "The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency", and BBC has made it into a TV series. The first season has been filmed, and it is unknown whether they will do a 2nd season, but it is well worth checking out and watching. The following quote is from another viewer, and it sums up how I feel about it, too:
"A very sweet show, with love just shining through every character. No blood, no gore, nothing disturbing. Forgiveness seems to be the No. 1 attribute Precious brings to her detective agency."
Precious Ramotswe is a woman who lives in Botswana, Africa and cares so much about people that she decides to open a detective agency to help them solve problems in their lives. The books are delightful. The TV series brings Mma Ramotswe to life in a wonderful way, and getting a glimpse into modern African lifestyles is also quite interesting.
I highly recommend the books, and the tv series if you can find it.

2 comments:
I don't know that I have mysteries in my life, but I would think Mma Ramotswe would be a wonderful friend to have.
One of the things I love about the books is the way the author gets inside the heads of many of the different characters. Even while I'm gaining insight into what it's like to be Botswanan, I'm chuckling because men and women are pretty much the same anywhere in the world.
I had Andrew check out the first book from the library for me and I put the show in our netflix queue. I'll let you know what I think.
Post a Comment