Sunday, May 2, 2010

Night Lights

Last night I was playing with my camera to see what I can do with it in the dark. I don't have a DSLR, but I do have a new Canon G11, which is a very nice "point and shoot". Here are just a couple experimental shots:

This one is called Flashy Trees, because, well....all I did was step outside and point up. With the Flash on. Yep, Flashy Trees.


This time I used my tripod and did a timed shutter release for 8 seconds. (No flash) I love the Dark Spooky Tree look that appeared. This tree is right outside the front door of the trailer and it is lit only by the porch light nearby.


I call this one "Night Light". Using the tripod and a 4 second shutter release, without flash, this was the look that came out of the camera. Ahhh, "Home sweet Home"! (It's a cozy little trailer!)


I had thought to do some night-time campfire pictures on this trip, but the honest truth is that we were wimps and when it got dark and cold we went inside where it was warm and watched a movie on the laptop. Every night. Campfire pictures will just have to wait for another (warmer) visit. :)

We have now returned home and will be enjoying Sunday in the normal fashion...Skyping with grandkids, and attending Church. Hope you all have a lovely Sabbath Day!

PS...Kathy, we don't have internet on the property...we go to town and use the free service at the library. Betty...a hint? Hmmm...it's about a half hour south of Bend. :)

2 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Flashy Trees looks almost two-dimensional compared to the other two, which have a much warmer, richer quality. I can foresee some nighttime photos of the camping trips at Sparks Lake...mmm...how much longer till summer?

Betty aka Fudgie said...

Oh my gosh...we are two hours south of Bend...Oh goodness sake we are neighbors...yoweeee