Thursday, May 27, 2010

Looking Good

Oh, I'm thrilled that my young Double Knockout Rose is showing off it's first two blooms! They are a gorgeous color...much more vivid than this photo shows. It almost looked "neon" in the grey afternoon light today.


The Lavender isn't looking too shabby either, in spite of the fact that I pruned it VERY HARD last fall.


And there's my Honey clipping away at the ivy that continues to flow over from the neighbors yard into ours. It's a continual project. The upper terrace where he is working will be where we plant our blueberry bushes.


Yes, there are the marigolds, still in their flat, waiting to get planted. It's hard to be motivated to dig in the mud while it's still raining. I'm hoping things dry out just a little bit this weekend. Up above the marigolds are the two blooms on my little rose bush. It's not a very big plant at the moment, but give it a few years and it will truly be a "Knockout!"


1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

So much color! A good reminder to me to look for the color on these gray days we're having lately. I'm hoping for some sun, too. :)