Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Flash of Sunshine

Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain. And then rain some more. For many days in a row now.

Then today when I was home briefly for lunch, I looked out the window and saw:

SUNSHINE!! Oh my, I ran outside to take a picture...

I think there's plenty of water in the bird bath, don't you think? We really don't need any more.


As long as I was out there (not getting wet!) I said hello to the Foxglove,


...and then wandered over to greet the Weigela. Neither of them looked any worse for having been soaked the last few days. As I headed back inside (because the clouds were thickening again) I got to thinking...


I decided to quit being bummed about the rain (and not being able to plant my marigolds) and to find something positive about the situation. After a few moments of thought I remembered that this has been a very busy week for me. I've worked long hours at the office, and every afternoon/evening Ken and I have had commitments away from home. Know what? If it had been sunny all those days, I would have been tempted to complain that I was MISSING it all because of the other things we needed to do! As it was, having all the work to do was not unpleasant because I was WARM and DRY inside the buildings! I'll take my consolation any way I can get it. :)

1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

Hmmm...I must have blinked! I missed the sun break yesterday. But I did catch a little peek-a-boo blue sky late in the day on Thursday.