Nope, it's not a blurry photo. Well, not really. It's how my backyard looked about 10 minutes ago. Foggy and drizzly. (You can't see the drizzle, but it's there). It's a beautiful morning and I'll be out walking in it a half hour from now!
My dear friend Paulene, my walking buddy, reminded me subtly about taking each day as it was and loving it. As we walked through the rain yesterday, clutching our umbrellas, she remarked with a sigh, "It's SUCH a BEAUTIFUL day!" I peered at her through the raindrops to see if she was joking, and she wasn't. Then I remembered that she says the same thing on MOST of our walks, no matter what is falling out of the sky. So I looked around me again and realized that she was right. Even with the rain, it was beautiful, lush, and very, very green with water sparkling everywhere I looked.
You're right, Paulene. It was a beautiful morning, and today will be just like it, with a little added curtain of fogginess. I'm looking forward to it. :)
3 comments:
Mark was talking on the way to work this morning about the miracle of rain. We get water falling from the sky!! Really, how amazing is that, and yet we take it for granted and even go so far as to complain about it.
I still long for some sunshine, but he's right, I know.
Rain is nothing more or less then liquid sunshine! I live in the desert and have come to really appreciate moisture of any kind! "Come what may, and love it!"
Yes, I know. :) I'm trying to be more positive about it. "I love it, I love it, I love it..."
I DO love the green, however, and this is what makes it so.
Post a Comment